The more your associates can understand your customers' experience, along with their feelings and expectations, the better they can serve them. And, "getting close to customers' emotionality requires empathy,"
Empathy is even more crucial when dealing with complaints, where emotionality is even stronger.
• Do you regularly listen and respond to your customers?
• Do you truly understand their concerns?
Whether it's a phone call, face-to-face, email or chat listening helps customers feel welcome, comfortable and important in every interaction.
Ensure to regularly listen to your customers. Listen for inconsistencies or any sort of validation with your brand image. Ensure to listen to your associates as well.
• What can you do to respond in a way that demonstrates understanding and respect, and creates a stronger connection with your customers?
• Do you deliver on your promises in a timely way?
• Do you go out of your way to apologize when things go wrong and fix the issue fast?
• Do associates treat each other with respect? It's no surprise that customers rave about their service.