First 30 days as a Product Manager
What you need to know during your first 30 days as a Product Manager?
Company’s vision and Business Strategy:
2. Has anyone talked to competitor’s customers to understand how their solution is working for these customers? Why did they buy?
1. Who are we selling to?
2. What segmentation and sizing has been done?
3. Which segments are we targeting?
4. What do we know about the target market? 5. What do we not know about the target market? 6. What is our unique value proposition?
Know your product in and out
1. Take all the product training that exists
2. Read through the documentation
3. API documentation (if API exists) – this will allow you to quickly understand different aspects of the system.
4. Specs – read through as many functional specs as you can. Spend the first 30 days learning and understanding, adhere to these simple rules and stand-out in your new role as a Product Manager.